Wednesday 14 November 2012

Roundabout of the Year


The UK Roundabout Appreciation Society(!) has recently declared this roundabout on Windmill Rise the best roundabout in Britain. I am not surprised, the windmill has been recently restored and looks splendid. Many years ago a good friend of mine lived on Windmill Rise and we used to congregate at her house every New Years Eve for a party. Directly midnight struck we all formed a conga line which skipped it's way out the door, up the hill and around this windmill to welcome in the New Year.
Taking part in  ABC Wednesday

8 comments:

  1. Certanly looks better than the Magic roundabout at Swindon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw this story in the news and wondered then if you saw it. Only in England could we have the Roundabout Appreciation Society. Its a great looking windmill.

    ReplyDelete
  3. if our ROUNDABOUTS looked like this, I'd like them more!
    ROG, ABC Wednesday team

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it - a roundabout appreciation society! I would join, if we had roundabouts to appreciate!
    and I can just imagine the sight of you all dancing around this windmill in (drunken?) revelry.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A good choice by the society!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We could do with a few more roundabouts like that. Who can resist a drunken conga line:-)
    Joy - ABC Team

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on my blog. All comments are read, and I will try to answer any blog related questions.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...