Wednesday 30 May 2012

Curious Window


This stained glass window is in a building down a ginnel a stones throw from the Minster glaziers workshops. I wonder if it was made by one of the glaziers in their spare time? The red lion is standing in front of a representation of one of the Bars or gateways in the city walls. I think it is most likely Monk Bar, and one day if I have the patience to decipher the 'back to front' writing or I get to go inside this building I might find out what it is all about!

4 comments:

  1. A lovely little gem, well spotted Deb. Good luck with the deciphering...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Probably a bit of free-lance work there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am quite interested in stained glass windows generally. Just a wild guess, perhaps a practice piece. As Chrissy said well spotted.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If and when you go inside, please take your camera with you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on my blog. All comments are read, and I will try to answer any blog related questions.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...